Career Opportunity: Financial Advisor
Founded in 2018 by Karm Panesar, the recipient of the 2020 Global CEO Excellence Award for "Best Wealth Management CEO for Western Canada.
Westgroup Financial Management Inc. provides excellence in wealth management, financial investments, insurance planning, estate planning, business services, and charitable giving. Named one of the "30 Most Innovative Companies to Watch for in 2020" by CIO Bulletin Magazine.
We’re looking for dedicated people with an entrepreneurial spirit and an agile and proactive mindset who strives to help clients achieve their financial goals. Perhaps you are considering a career change or, if you are currently in the industry, and are seeking an opportunity to improve outcomes for yourself and your clients.
Becoming a Financial Advisor with Westgroup Financial Management Inc. requires a high degree of dedication, commitment, and effort. For the right individual, combined with our support, this will be a highly rewarding career both personally and professionally. We are a firm that is committed to excellence in Planning, Perfection, and Performance.
At Westgroup Financial Management Inc. you build your practice on your terms – working directly with clients to develop relationships, provide comprehensive financial plans, and help them achieve financial confidence with their life-long financial goals. It’s a rewarding career and we invite you to explore the opportunity we offer.
As a Financial Advisor, you will build and expand your own financial services practice and will be providing expertise to clients through portfolio management, analysis and strategy building, ongoing review and advisory, transactions processing, and overall exceptional client servicing. You will have established annual sales and bonus targets to achieve and will drive strategic growth through proactively reviewing sales and activities that will achieve both individual and organizational goals.
- Manage assigned client portfolios through proactive regular contact, ensuring current and upcoming needs are identified and met.
- Determine client cash flow statement, client insurance needs analysis, client financial needs analysis, and client net worth statement.
- Propose holistic strategies to help clients reach their financial objectives including investment planning, cash management, and insurance needs.
- Perform ongoing reviews of client accounts and plans to determine whether adjustments are needed considering both life and economic changes.
- Build strong and trusting long term relationships, approaching every client interaction with the highest standard of professionalism, integrity, and loyalty in representing Westgroup Financial Management Inc.
- Actively seek potential cross-sell opportunities and create a client base through referrals.
- Prepare and interpret financial document summaries, investment performance reports, and income projections for clients.
- Actively use the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool to determine pipelines, discover changes in client financial situations, and add a personal touch during client interactions.
Westgroup's Value Proposition to Our Advisors:
- Mentorship - You will have access to ongoing training and mentorship opportunities for both corporate and family cases, and support to close large clients. We also provide onsite CE credit courses.
- Ongoing Support - As part of providing holistic financial consulting, our Advisors are provided comprehensive client support checklists, have access to leverage our CRM system, our proprietary financial needs analysis workbook, and our robust Financial Needs Analysis tool. Westgroup Financial Management Inc. provides support from our administrative staff so Advisors can focus on closing cases and on building and nurturing a strong client base. You will be working independently but have a team backing you.
- Compensation & Perks - Base Salary: $40,000 up to $80,000 based on experience.* We take pride in providing our Advisors the Highest Commission Rates in the industry as well as a monthly residual income on production. We strongly believe in personal development and offer our advisors access to education Designations at a discounted rate. We provide personal Westgroup Financial Management Inc. branded marketing material. Our Travel Award Program recognizes you for building your business on strong client relationships and production. These trips promote knowledge-sharing among financial advisors in a relaxed setting where you can recharge. Travel awards aren’t reserved for just a few top advisors. In the past five years, about half of our financial advisors have earned a trip.
Westgroup's Value Proposition to Our Clients:
Strategic holistic approach to financial planning to ensure our clients are receiving the right professional advice for overall financial planning. Our in-house CPA works collaboratively with our partnered legal firms to contemplate all aspects of our client’s situation including wealth management, private banking, mortgages, estate planning, health insurance, charitable giving, intergenerational wealth transfers, personal and corporate tax planning.
Skills and Experiences Required*
- 3 year of Sales, or Business Experience
- Knowledge of mutual funds, SEG funds, securities, and insurance
- Well-developed knowledge of insurance and investment products and services
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Independence, leadership skills, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Certification of LLQP - Life License Qualification Program
- Valid driver's license
- 1+ years as a successful Financial Advisor
- CFP, MCFP, CLU, or CHS designations
- Closed six figure First Year Commission as part of your total experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, or related field
- Business or entrepreneurial background
- Proficiency in using a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) tool
- Social media presence that you can leverage
- Past experience of closing large client cases
Please submit your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org